What is the Schools Financial Benchmarking Tool?
The Schools Financial Benchmarking Tool helps schools compare their finances with similar schools and make comparisons between income, balances and workforce structures.
Benchmarking helps schools to:
- make better-informed decisions and triggers further discussion
- facilitate peer learning and exchange of ideas between schools and academies
- compare spending with other similar schools or academy trusts
- consider how to use resources to support high-quality teaching and education outcomes for pupils
- consider whether resource allocations are working or whether outcomes could be improved by doing things differently